Sunday, April 10, 2005

Salt Lake City

I dodged the big blizzard, which hit south of here in Colorado. We had another sunny and mild day here by the Great Salt Lake. I took the day off from driving and ran some errands, getting my oil changed and doing some laundry. I gave Gus a real treat: two visits to a fabulous dog park--an enclosed field where people let their dogs run off-leash. I wish I had had the camera! There had to be thirty dogs all romping, and all were friendly. Gus was ecstatic. I also treated him to a marrow bone, which a kind butcher cut for me. What a good daddy. I'm feeling refreshed all around, and ready to drive to Boise, Idaho tomorrow. I may head up to Ketchum, too, where Hemingway settled and ultimately committed suicide. His favorite fishing hole was near there.

Here are a few pictures I took in Salt Lake City today:


Mormon Temple. Begun in 1853 and completed in 1893, the temple holds the ordinances sacred to the Mormon faith. The gold figure on tip is the Angel Moroni, a Mormon prophet.


Eagle Gate, erected in 1859, was the entrance to Brigham Young's private farm. It spans State Street. The eagle weighs 4,000 pounds and its wingspan is 20 feet.


A nice bed of tulips.


A poppy.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

poppy!
actually i am currently writing a poem that has to do with poppies ^^
have fun

~jihea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home