Tuesday, April 05, 2005

First Leg


Check out the Stetson!


Gussie's nest in the backseat


Setting out from Rhode Island

I completed the first leg of the trip today (I'm not counting yesterday's drive to Rhode Island as part of the official trip; to go from coast to coast seems more complete), and I'm typing this from the Holiday Inn in Batavia, New York. Not the most scenic view, I tell you! Trucks passing on I-90. But it was a good 400-mile destination from my parents' house in Rhode Island, and it's near enough to Buffalo that I'm having dinner with Kevin. I plan to catch up with Sharen here in the morning, too, since she's doing a work thing here.


Kevin, at dinner


Sharen says goodbye to Gussie


Some ominous clouds in Nowhere, Indiana. Suburbia seems so far away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home